Ventana Wave Pocket Amp Artist Project
Our handplane and fin artist projects were a success, so we're doing it again but with the Ventana Wave Pocket Amp 🌊🎶!
We're selecting 15 to 20, United States or Canada-based artists to embellish a Ventana Wave on both sides with their art, and we'll be sharing the sales revenue with each artist. If you're outside the U.S. or Canada and are willing to pay for shipping and customs both ways, we can consider you for the project.
The Ventana Wave is made from reclaimed Brazilian cherry and has dimensions of 4.25" x 2.25" x 1.0" (10.8 cm x 5.7 cm x 2.5 cm).
If you're interested, please read the rest of this page and apply using the link at the end. We'll be selecting artists based on a combination of:
Your art portfolio
Your concept and the degree to which it fits with our brand and brand values
Whether we think the price point will work for our customers
Your social media following/engagement
- Submission deadline is January 15, 2024.
- We'll let every applicant know of our decision on or before January 31, 2024.
- If you are selected, we will send you a Ventana Wave in the first week of February with a return shipping label. We'll also include a piece of matching scrap wood on which you can practice.
- You’ll have four weeks to complete your artwork and mail the fin back to us. We must receive your amp by March 10, 2024.
- We plan to have them on our website ready for sale within a week after each one.
- We'll price the fin with enough mark up to pay you the amount you've requested in the application for your work.
- Payment for your work will happen when your amp sells...and we'll do whatever we can to sell it.
- In our previous artist projects, all the items sold, but it sometimes takes over year for any individual piece to sell. Also, the Ventana Wave is a new a product and, while it's selling well, we aren't sure how well art on them will appeal to our customers.
- Depending on the amount of the payment to you, we may be required to send you a 1099 for tax purposes. You will retain ownership of the copyright for any art you create.
- We’ll be promoting your progress and your business on all of our social media and email marketing accounts.
- We will have the amps for sale on our website and at our in-person sales events.
- All amps will remain on our website even after they sell as a showcase of your work with links to your website and social media accounts.
- As part of your acceptance, we ask that you post on all your social media accounts at least three work-in-progress pictures and/or videos and one set of photos and/or videos of the completed fin.
- We also ask that you tag @ventanasurfboards and #ventanawaveamp on all posts. We’ll provide more guidance on the content to use for posting when we send you your acceptance email.
- Please put your art on at least the back of the amp, but feel free to go to town on all sides.
- You can use acrylic, oil-, water-based paint, Posca pens, woodburning, or the like. If your medium requires a sealant to protect it, please use one. If you need guidance on which type to use, you can ask us.
- Ocean-inspired artwork is the most relevant for our customer base, but with the amp, music is obviously the most relevant theme. That said, we don't dictate, but we can provide feedback on your concept if you'd like.
- Please keep visible the Ventana logo on the front, but that doesn't mean you can't paint on it.
- If you would like to add your logo, feel free, and please sign your piece somewhere on the amp!
- Here are examples of what the handplane and fin artists created for our last two projects.
Got questions? Please email email@example.com.
Hear guitarist Daniel Vanek play then react to the Ventana Wave!