Surfsquatch Sunburst 7'2"
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
This sleek, hollow-framed, wooden surfboard pays homage to an original Lightning Bolt shape created by Jack Shipley and Gerry Lopez. It was built with help from the Ventana Surfsquatch himself!
- Redwood from a water tank built in the 1950s and salvaged in Lompico, CA by OG Redwood
- Black Diamond Pigments pin lines
- Redwood posts from Cosecha Farming
- Douglas fir hull wood from the original Western Flyer boat built in 1937 and made famous by John Steinbeck.
- Alaskan yellow cedar from the Western Flyer boat reconstruction project.
- Golf ball sun salvaged off Pebble Beach by The Plastic Pickup
- Redwood burl driftwood from Big Sur and EcoPoxy with Black Diamond Pigments
- Tree sap-based epoxy by Entropy Resins.
- Aerialite 4-ounce fiberglass cloth inside and out
- Pin lines and logo of Black Diamond Pigments and EcoPoxy
- Vent and leash plug of oxidized white oak from the ribs of the original Western Flyer boat
- Cork rails
The Western Flyer, considered by many to be the most famous fishing boat in the world. John Steinbeck, Ed "Doc" Ricketts and crew sailed this 77-foot sardine boat into the Sea of Cortez in Baja California, Mexico in 1940. The following year, Steinbeck published his book, The Log from the Sea of Cortez about the adventure. Learn more about this amazing boat and Ventana's use of its wood.
This board is hollow, lightweight and will ride as great as it looks. Given the uniqueness of each side, it's two art pieces in one and can be flipped to display either side.
Made in Santa Cruz, California by expert artisan Martijn Stiphout with help from the Ventana Surfsquatch.
Includes a wooden display sign and a handmade bag by Sagebrush Board Bags created using coffee bean sacks and unique, remnant fabrics.
Dimensions: 7'2" x 20" x 2.75"
Approx. 18 pounds
Every Ventana board comes with a special edition of our standard Save-a-Surf Wax Box. This version includes two, custom-made vent plug screws.
All Ventana Surfboards are ECOBOARD Project Gold Level Verified by SustainableSurf.org!
More Cool Info
Free U.S. Shipping & Shipping Details
Every order includes Free USPS First Class or UPS Ground Shipping. Of course, you can select premimum options, too.
We generally ship products between 12 and 48 hours after we receive your order. In some cases, such as with surfboards, custom orders, or custom engraved products, we will contact you within 24 hours to discuss production and shipping timing.
We can ship anywhere in the world that is legally permitted under U.S. law. Any potential customs payments and processing fees are the responsibility of the customer.
Our Refund Policy is simple. We do the right thing. We trust our customers, and if you have any issues with any of our products, we'll work with you to do what's fair.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your return or other issue. We approve returns within 48 hours.
Any refunds will be returned via the method and manner in which they were paid. For instance, a credit card payment will be refunded to the same credit card; a wire transfer or electronic check will be refunded to the same account from which it came, etc. A cash payment may be refunded via Venmo, bank transfer, or PayPal.