Ventana Mini Surfboards
Free U.S. Shipping ... like everything from Ventana!
These 18 inch (46 cm) tall mini surfboards are replicas of some of our most popular designs. They are framed behind high quality acrylic in three sizes:
- Three boards in a 24in x 24in (60cm x 60cm) frame = $950
- Two boards in a 16in x 24in (20cm x 61cm) frame = $750
- One board in a 12in x 24in (30cm x 60cm) frame = $450
Each board is hand-crafted with the same reclaimed and salvaged woods we use in our full-sized boards. The frame is also handmade using wood from the Western Flyer boat. The boards are slightly lifted from the canvas background to create a shadow effect, and each art piece includes a French cleat hanging system. Each one is signed and dated by Ventana master artisan, Martijn Stiphout.
We can also craft custom shapes, designs, sizes, and frames or create unframed mini boards. Contact us for more detail on custom options and pricing.
Each board is made entirely from reclaimed and salvaged woods and finished with soy-based EcoPoxy. The frame is made from Douglas fir from the hull of the Western Flyer, considered by many to be the most famous fishing boat in the world. John Steinbeck, Ed "Doc" Ricketts, and crew sailed this 77-foot sardine boat into the Sea of Cortez in Baja California, Mexico in 1940. The following year, Steinbeck published his book, The Log from the Sea of Cortez, about the adventure. Learn more about this amazing boat and Ventana's use of its wood.
We donate 5% of profits from the sale of these art pieces to the Western Flyer Foundation.
☀️ Sunburst Mini Surfboard
- The “water” under the sunburst is made of Douglas fir from the original Western Flyer boat.
- The yellow sunburst rays are Alaskan yellow cedar offcuts from the Western Flyer boat restoration project.
- The redwood rays are from a secret, local source
- The sun itself is made of a sliced golf ball salvaged off the coast of Pebble Beach by Alex Weber of The Plastic Pick-Up.
🌲 Treefish Mini Surfboard
- The tree and sun/moon are made from a salvaged, redwood hot tub.
- The yellow wood is Alaskan yellow cedar offcuts from the Western Flyer boat restoration project.
🏄 Stripes Mini Surfboard
- This board includes redwood from Cabernet Sauvignon wine tanks by way of Alibi Interiors, Douglas fir from the original Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, claro walnut from Mission Bell Mfg., and Douglas fir from the hull of the original Western Flyer boat.
Every time you see these boards on your wall, let yourself be transported to an clean, empty wave for a quick "mind surfing" session.
Martijn Stiphout signing the first mini three board display...