Fish Handplane DIY Blank Kit
This performance, bodysurfing handplane kit with light-colored reclaimed wood is perfect for you to create your own art piece or give as a gift! It's a double concave fish that's a blast on any size wave.
After decorating or paining it, you can finish it yourself with polyurethane, resin or fiberglass and resin. Or, we can glass it for you with Entropy Super Sap bio resin epoxy for an extra fee. Simply send it back to us, and we'll do the glassing for an extra $100.
The hand strap is nylon and adjustable. It is covered with offcuts from O'Neill Wetsuit product development, and the wood is shaped with our unique, ergonomic hand fit. The hardware is solid brass. As with all Ventana handplanes, it floats so you can easily pass it between friends in the waves.
You only need a single handplane on your leading arm for a great ride every time! This is a terrific conversation piece in your home and will slice you across the face of any sized surf.
Handmade in Santa Cruz, California and designed by master craftsman Martijn Stiphout
Dimensions: 14" x 9" x 3/4"
- Light-colored, reclaimed wood, fish-shaped handplane blank
- Laser-engraved Ventana logo
- Nylon webbing adjustable strap
- Reclaimed, neoprene strap cover
- Brass thread inserts (pre-installed)
- Brass hand strap screws and washers
- Eco-responsible fiberglassing over pre-approved artwork. Some materials, like pastels or chalk will not remain after glassing (optional + $100)