Interview Schedule and Questions
You will be interviewed by two to three people individually, including one or both Ventana co-founders. All interviews will be conducted one on one. While we prefer in-person interviews, we can accommodate interviews via Skype as needed. We highly recommend that you use LinkedIn’s tools for interview preparation and practice.
20 minutes: Getting to Know Each Other
We will get to know each other casually. We will ask questions about your previous positions, what you learned, what past co-workers would say about working with you, and why you are ready for and interested in the Ventana opportunity. We will also ask you about the skills mentioned on your resume. You can ask us a bit about ourselves, as well.
20 minutes: Behaviors and Philosophies
We will ask you questions about how you will act or have acted in certain situations. Although these may not be the exact questions you will be asked, you can expect questions like those listed here:
- Tell me about a major mistake you made at work, and what you did to correct it.
- Tell me about the last time a customer or co-worker got upset with you. How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time you had to raise an uncomfortable issue with your boss.
- Tell me about a work goal you achieved.
- We all make mistakes we wish we could take back. Tell me about a time you wish you’d handled a situation differently with a colleague.
- Tell me about a time you needed to get information from someone who was not very responsive. What did you do?
- Tell me about a time when a customer was pleased with your service.
- Describe a long-term project that you managed. How did you keep everything moving along in a timely manner?
- Give me an example of a time when you were able to successfully persuade someone to see things your way at work.
20 minutes: Show Me
We will pretend to be a customer and have you attempt to sell us one or more Ventana products. You will not know which products until the interview, but it will be one of the following:
We will start by expressing lukewarm interest in the product, and you will need to “make the sale” by overcoming our objections and explaining the value of the product.
20 minutes: Ask Us
Now it is your turn to ask us questions! Ask whatever you would like to help you decide if you are a fit for the role and for Ventana. Note that while the tables are turned during this phase of the interview, the types of questions you ask will also help us decide if you are the right person for the role.
Re-applying and EEO
We review and retain all applications/resumes indefinitely. If you have not been contacted by us within 6 months, you may choose to submit a new application via email.
We are proud to designate our organization an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, and we encourage all who meet minimum requirements and conditions to apply regardless of race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, pregnancy, military status, physical or mental impairment, or medical condition including genetic characteristics and any other protected characteristics.